Urbana Side-Impact Crashes Lawyer
Side-impact crashes, which are also known as T-bone accidents or broadside collisions, can occur in many different circumstances when another motorist is negligent or a traffic signal malfunctions. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), side-impact crashes have increased significantly in the last two decades, and these types of crashes can be especially deadly. Indeed, the National Safety Council (NSC) reports that more than 45 percent of all deadly collisions are crashes that occur at an angle like side-impact accidents. Most often, another party is at fault for a side-impact crash, and you may be able to hold them accountable for damages. Contact our experienced Urbana side-impact crashes lawyer today to find out about filing a claim.
Common Injuries in Urbana Side-Impact Collisions
In Urbana, side-impact collisions can result in many different kinds of injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs);
- Neck and back injuries;
- Broken bones;
- Organ damage;
- Contusions; and
Many other types of injuries can also occur in a side-impact crash. It is critical to be evaluated by a healthcare provider as soon as possible after any accident, especially when you could be at risk of a concussion or a spinal injury.
How Side-Impact Crashes Happen in Urbana
Side-impact crashes in Urbana can happen for various reasons, including but not limited to:
- Running a red light;
- Going through a stop-sign intersection without stopping;
- Drunk driving;
- Distracted driving;
- Drowsy or fatigued driving;
- Defective brakes;
- Mechanical problem with traffic signal; and
- Inclement weather.
The liable party or parties will depend on the cause of the side-impact collision. When another motorist’s negligence results in a T-bone accident, that driver can be responsible for damages. In situations where a defect or mechanical issue caused the broadside crash, such as a malfunctioning red light or defective brakes on an automobile, a manufacturer or designer could be held responsible through a product liability lawsuit along with other potential parties.
Steps to Take After a Side-Impact Collision in Urbana
What steps should you take if you have been involved in a side-impact collision in Urbana? Consider the following steps so that you can remain eligible for seeking financial compensation:
- Take photographs at the scene of the side-impact crash, documenting the general area where the collision occurred in addition to taking close-up pictures that provide details about property damage and physical injuries;
- Obtain contact information for any witnesses, and contact and insurance information from other motorists involved in the T-bone accident;
- Seek medical attention as quickly as possible since certain injuries may not immediately produce signs or symptoms;
- Report the accident to your auto insurer, but only give the necessary facts (recognizing that the auto insurance company is not on your side); and
- Hire a lawyer to begin the process of seeking financial compensation.
Contact Patel Law, PC
At Patel Law, PC, we are committed to representing injured plaintiffs in motor vehicle collisions. We can help you to seek financial compensation after a side-impact accident in Illinois. Contact an experienced Urbana side-impact crash lawyer for more information.