Decatur, Illinois Head-On Collisions Attorney
While head-on collisions are relatively rare on Illinois roadways, data on these incidents reveal that they are extreme in the devastation they cause. These crashes represent just two percent of all car accidents in the US, yet they cause one in ten of the total fatalities. Many other victims survive but are left with severe injuries, disability, and long-term complications. Still, the most tragic factor with head-on crashes is that they are preventable and only happen because of negligence.
You may be entitled to compensation if you were hurt or lost a loved one in a front-impact accident, but the legal process can be daunting. Our team at Patel Law, PC will be at your side to help with necessary tasks and overcome challenges, so please contact our firm to set up a no-cost consultation. A Decatur, Illinois head-on collision attorney can explain how the laws work, and some information about the risks is useful.
Extreme Dangers of Frontal Impact Crashes
The details vary according to each vehicle’s speed, weight, profile, road conditions, and many other factors, but the energy of a head-on crash is intense. The impact encompasses the force of both vehicles, which can lead to fatalities and catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Head trauma, including concussion, traumatic brain injury (TBI), and even decapitation;
- Spinal cord injuries, often leading to paralysis and permanent disability;
- Trauma to internal organs;
- Amputation of extremities and limbs; and,
- Broken bones, bruises, and lacerations.
Because they are based upon the theory of negligence, you must prove the at-fault motorist caused the head-on collision because he or she failed to exercise reasonable care behind the wheel. Speeding, running red lights, wrong-way driving, failure to yield right of way, and drunk and distracted driving are examples of negligence in frontal impact accidents.
How an Attorney Supports Your Needs
There are numerous tasks to complete and legal criteria to meet to recover compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. You can trust our Decatur, Illinois head-on collisions lawyer to tackle the requirements with respect to two stages of the process:
1. The first step is filing a claim with the responsible motorist’s insurance company. Many of these cases settle, but keep in mind that the insurer protects its own financial interests. Your claim may be denied, or you could receive a lowball counteroffer to settle.
2. A lawsuit is the next step if the insurance company refuses to pay sufficient compensation to cover your losses. Patel Law, PC is experienced with litigation and skilled with trial advocacy, so we will fight to ensure you receive fair monetary damages.
A Decatur, Illinois Head-On Collisions Attorney Will Guide You
As you can see, retaining knowledgeable representation is crucial for completing these and other essential tasks. For more information on how the legal process works after a traffic crash, please contact Patel Law, PC. We are happy to set up a free case evaluation with an experienced Illinois head-on collision lawyer. After learning more about your circumstances, we can advise you on what to expect.