Top Attorney in Urbana
Urbana Personal Injury Attorney
Urbana car accident lawyer Baku N. Patel and his team represent clients throughout Illinois who have suffered serious, life-altering injuries. Here is just a sample of the types of cases with which they can assist you:
- Auto Accidents: There are more than 300,000 motor vehicle crashes in Illinois each year. Many of these accidents are the result of driver negligence, including drunk driving, distracted driving, or a simple failure to follow the rules of the road. Our auto accident lawyers can help you prove the driver’s negligence in court and seek an appropriate award of damages.
- Bicycle Accidents: While less common than auto crashes, there are roughly 2,600 Illinois residents injured each year in “pedalcycle” accidents, which includes bicycles, unicycles, and tricycles. Bicycle accidents are often the result of motorists who fail to share the road, even though it is required by Illinois law. Since bicyclists and other pedal cyclists lack the same physical protection as a motorist, they are especially vulnerable to severe head, knee, and leg injuries in the event of a collision.
- Burn Injuries: More than 480,000 people are treated each year in U.S. hospitals for burn injuries, according to the American Burn Association. Burn injuries are typically caused by fire, which can be a consequence of a car accident or using a defective product.
- Bus Accidents: Has your child been injured while riding a school bus in the Urbana-Champaign area? If so, then multiple parties may be legally liable for their injuries. Bus accidents present a unique set of challenges, as fault can lie with a negligent driver, a bus company that fails to properly maintain its vehicles, or even the bus manufacturer itself.
- Boating Accidents: Many Urbana-Champaign residents enjoy boating and other water-based recreational activities on Lake Michigan or one of Illinois’ many rivers. As with any vehicle, there is always a risk that a boat operator’s negligence may lead to a serious accident. Indeed, many people are less careful when operating a boat than their own car, and it is not uncommon for individuals to drive a watercraft while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Defective Products – Illinois law holds manufacturers accountable when they allow dangerous or defective products onto the consumer market. This includes not only defects in the design or manufacture of the product, but also failure to warn consumers of potential risks. Our Champaign personal injury lawyers can help you determine what went wrong with a defective product and who needs to be held responsible.
- Dog Bites: If a dog attacks and injures you without provocation, you can hold the animal’s owner legally liable for your injuries under Illinois law. Unlike many states, Illinois does not require proof the owner had prior knowledge of their dog’s “aggressive” tendencies.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians are perhaps the most vulnerable travelers on the road. They are at the mercy of any negligent or distracted driver who fails to keep a proper lookout. Our auto accident lawyers represent many Champaign pedestrians who have been seriously injured in such collisions.
- Wrongful Death: Unfortunately, many accidents prove to be fatal. When this happens, the victim’s estate and surviving family members have the right to seek compensation from the negligent parties under Illinois wrongful death law. This is a special type of personal injury lawsuit that is separate from any claim the deceased victim might have.
Contact Patel Law PC Today to Speak with a Local Personal Injury Lawyer Serving the Urbana-Champaign Area
Recovering from an accident is often a long and difficult process. Obviously, no amount of money can ever fully restore you to the way you were before the accident. Compensation can provide you and your family with a degree of financial security, which can greatly aid in your long-term recovery.
Champaign personal injury attorney Baku N. Patel is here to guide you through these tough times. Contact his office today to schedule a free consultation.