Best Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Best Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Decatur
Many people enjoy the thrill of riding a motorcycle down the road. Motorcycles allow you to ride with the wind in your hair as you experience everything around you. While riding on two wheels can be fun, it is also dangerous.
Motorcyclists are 27 times more likely than occupants of passenger vehicles to be involved in a fatal crash. This is because motorcycles offer no protection in the event of a crash. They have no enclosure or surroundings to protect them, unlike passenger vehicles. They may wear a helmet or have on protective clothing, but this is often not enough to prevent serious injuries.
Because of this, motorcycle crashes are often serious in nature. Many are fatal. Those who survive often sustain catastrophic injuries.
Dealing with the aftermath of a motorcycle crash can be devastating. If your accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, seek legal help right away. You need the best motorcycle accident lawyer in Illinois on your side. Patel Law’s aggressive team will take your case to trial if needed and help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
There are many reasons why motorcycle accidents occur. Some are caused by motorcyclists, but most are caused by other motorists. Some common causes include the following:
- Intoxication. Driving under the influence affects everyone on the road. Motorcyclists and other drivers may drink and drive, and this can lead to serious crashes.
- Speed. Speed is a serious issue that many drivers engage in. Whether a motorcyclist or other motorist is speeding, it can lead to loss of control and reduced reaction times.
- Lack of experience. Driving a motorcycle requires an immense amount of skill. When a person is lacking in skills or experience, he or she is more likely to get into an accident.
- Left turns. Left turns are dangerous. When a motorist turns, they may not see a motorcycle in their path because they are much smaller than other vehicles. This can lead to serious collisions.
- Road conditions. Potholes, slippery roads and debris may not affect cars and trucks too much, but these conditions can cause motorcyclists to lose control, leading to fatal accidents.
- Defects. It is possible that the motorcycle might have a defective part. Tires, brakes and engine parts can suddenly fail, leading to accidents.
- Lane changes. When you change lanes, you should not only use your mirrors, but look behind you as well. Motorcycles often hide in blind spots and when a much larger vehicle unsafely changes lanes and hits a motorcycle, the motorcyclist can become seriously injured.
- Sudden stops. If a motorcycle suddenly stops, a vehicle behind it may not react in time. This can cause a rear-end accident, and such a crash can destroy a motorcycle.
Common Motorcycle Injuries
Motorcycle crashes are the most serious type of motorcycle crashes. As such, the injuries can be catastrophic. Even if a person feels fine after an accident, they should seek medical help right away to get fully checked out.
Road rash is common. Road rash is more than scrapes, bruises, and skinned knees. These injuries can be serious if not treated promptly. They can even lead to infections and nerve damage.
Broken bones and fractures can also occur. These injuries may not seem serious, but if not treated, they can lead to nerve damage, disfigurement, and disability.
Many motorcycle accidents cause riders to be ejected from their motorcycles. This can cause head trauma, which can include traumatic brain injuries, paralysis, and disability due to neck, back, head, and spine injuries. They can suffer neurological issues such as dizziness and nausea. Many of these injuries require long-term care. These injuries can be very painful and require extensive treatment.
Many victims experience emotional issues due to loss of enjoyment of life. They experience significant stress. Their quality of life can change dramatically and they can suffer from anxiety and depression. They may be angry and frustrated.
Contact an Illinois Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles can be fun, but they are also dangerous. They offer no protection in a crash and can result in medical bills, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and other damages.
If you or a loved one was injured by a motorcycle accident in Decatur, Illinois, seek legal help right away. Patel Law is a motorcycle accident lawyer in Decatur who understands how serious motorcycle accidents can be. The injuries can be severe, so make sure you get the compensation you deserve. To schedule a consultation today, call (217) 384-1111 or fill out the online form.