Decatur Personal Injury
Decatur Personal Injury Attorney
Decatur Personal Injury Accidents happen. It is just part of life. While many of us cause our own accidents—maybe you stubbed your toe on a table or bumped into a wall—some accidents are caused by another person’s negligence. Examples of this are car accidents, defective products, dog bites, and slip and falls.
While some accidents cause minor injuries, some result in major injuries. An accident can cause you to suffer damages such as medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. Some people even die from their injuries.
Contact a Decatur personal injury lawyer today to assess your case and learn about your options. Dealing with the insurance company can be a stressful experience. So can trying to negotiate a settlement with the other party. The experienced team at Patel Law can help you with this so you can focus on recovery.
If you or a loved one has been injured by another person’s negligence, contact a personal injury lawyer in Decatur, Illinois. Patel Law can help you with your case, no matter how big or small. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients and we can help you, as well.
Types of Personal Injury
- Car accidents. Car crashes are the most common type of personal injury. They happen every day in Decatur and other parts of the country. Many car accidents are minor, while others are more serious, causing lifelong injuries and even death. If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, a car accident attorney in Decatur, Illinois can help you obtain compensation for medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and other damages.
- Bicycle accidents. While riding your bike is a healthy way to commute from place to place, it comes with risks. Bicycles are much smaller than cars and this makes them hard to see. Plus, due to this size difference, if a car collides with a bicycle, the results can be catastrophic and even fatal.
- Motorcycle accidents. While some motorcycle crashes are caused by inexperienced and reckless riders, many are caused by other motorists. Like bicycles, motorcycles are small and often hard to see. Many drivers turn in front of motorcycles, causing serious accidents.
- Pedestrian accidents. It can be easy to walk from place to place instead of having to drive everywhere and find a place to park, especially in urban areas. However, many drivers are distracted and they do not always stop for pedestrians. In the event of a crash, pedestrians have nothing to protect them, so they often suffer serious injuries.
- Burn injuries. Burns can happen during car accidents, but they are most common around the home. Fires, scalding hot water and cooking accidents can lead to serious burns. Burns can take a long time to heal and many cause scarring and disfigurement.
- Defective products. Companies have a duty to manufacture safe products for consumers. This includes everything from drugs to cars to appliances to electronics. When a consumer uses a product as intended and it causes an unexpected injury, you may be able to sue for compensation.
- Dog bites. Unfortunately, man’s best friend can sometimes act like your worst enemy. A neighbor’s or friend’s dog or even your own pet can turn on you and attack. Dog bites can be serious and cause deep wounds. Many result in scars and disfigurement. Children and older adults are particularly at risk.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect. Nursing homes do not always provide the best care for loved ones. Many staff members lack the training and compassion needed to properly care for patients. Many of these patients cannot move well or may have cognitive impairment that makes caring for them difficult. Staff members may get frustrated and hit, slap, kick, or punch patients. Some patients are neglected due to understaffed nursing homes.
- Premises liability. If you suffer an injury on someone else’s property due to their negligence, you could sue them for your injuries. Common incidents include slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, and retail accidents. Even crimes such as rape and assault are considered premises liability cases, since they are often caused by poor lighting and a lack of security.
Contact a Decatur Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Personal injuries can happen at any time. From car crashes to slips and falls to dog bites to nursing home abuse, our lives can change in an instant due to someone else’s negligence.
Patel Law will fight for your legal rights and help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
To schedule a free consultation, fill out the online form or call our office at (217) 384-1111.